Friday, April 24, 2020

Archive pic and musings

Here is a picture of what was probably the first time that I ever performed music in public. That's me in the back, on a snare drum. I wish that I'd applied myself more to this opportunity to learn to read music. My reading skills suck, and that's a shame. The band director was a guy named Phil Arnott. A nice guy who loved music. I am Facebook friends with a few of the other students in this shot.
As the collapse of our economy continues, I feel less and less optimistic about the future of live music performance. Things will not be allowed to "go back to normal", and that's just a fact that I've got to accept and try to grow with. Who knows what the live music landscape will look like in later 2020 and beyond. I sincerely hope that I am mistaken in this outlook.
Going forward, I will be posting shots from various stages of my musical pursuits. I will also be working on solo recording projects in my garage until such time that it is possible to work with other people in close proximity.



No comments:

Post a Comment