Monday, November 16, 2020

Early band document

 

Fancy title, right? 

This is a sticker for a band that I played in during high school. Mr. Sqeaky. We played from 1987 to 1988. We played a couple of shows, one in Frederick, MD, the other in Manassas, VA. 

Our music was simple Hardcore styled Punk Rock, I guess. I considered it some kind of Garage Rock, but, really, the former description fits. Original? No, not at all. But it was a first attempt at that sort of thing by all of us I believe. It was ours, at least for a minute. 

As I recall, the sticker was made by the guitarist's, named Brant, step brother, who was named Rusty. 

We did one recording, by a fellow named Max, but I don't think that they survived. So, here the scant proof of the existence of Mr. Sqeaky, a suburban VA high school band from the 1980's.

No comments:

Post a Comment