Thursday, June 22, 2023

Actual activity "in the world"!

 

Summer solstice 2023, I drove over to the far east side of Tucson to do some recording with Tucson-native Ra Khepri! It was a fun day of tracking, swimming in a nice cool swimming pool, and conversation. Color was added to the recording room by home stitched quilts by Ra's mother, a sweet touch (I love me some quilts). All told, we probably got about two hours' worth of sound documented. I played drums, resonant metals, and a ring modulator. Ra Khepri utilized keyboards synths, guitar, alto saxophone, and some preparations. I have no idea if/how/when these recordings will surface "in the world", but it was certainly gratifying to be somewhere besides my own mind, making music with another human being. 

Below: Pearl drums and Zildjian cymbals


Above: Ra Khepri at his engineering desk

Below: quilt views





No comments:

Post a Comment