Sunday, May 15, 2022

Birdsaw tour hand bill from 2002!

 

A little over twenty years ago, I think that these were the last road trips for Birdsaw, save perhaps a show or two in Los Angeles a bit later in the year. 

I remember the Helmet drummer giving me the stink eye in Manhattan. I remember losing valuable gear and the tour booking agent wanting to kill me (thanks, Ned). I remember almost not being able to get my stick bag (given to me by Birdsaw guitar player Dan) onto the plane back to SFO. Touring: FUN!

I also remember floating in the ocean outside of Nag's Head, and beautiful weather in Brooklyn, seeing Monticello, and a neat ferry ride into Delaware, and watching Robin destroy some heckler at a University. Touring: FUN!

It was on this tour that I first started realizing the Birdsaw was perhaps not going to get the audience that we desired; things slowly declined for the band after the tour, and it ground to a halt about a year later. Still, in hindsight, it was more fun than not fun. As we used to say in our vehicle: "thank you for not killing me".

No comments:

Post a Comment