Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Ear Spray Live at Life Changing Ministries audio up at Archive.org!

 

https://archive.org/details/live-at-life-changing-ministries-1-26-14

This gig was my second or third with Ear Spray. Getting to know Ann and Carlos was really interesting. They are both really sweet people, and their sincerity in the pursuit of weird Noise music as real, at least to me. It seemed to me that there were people within that scene that saw Ear Spray as maybe a bit of a poser type of situation, but I can attest that the group was just as legit as any of the others. For me, Noise is a kind of Folk Music, in that anyone can do it, and it remains a pretty individualistic, hermetic pursuit. Anyway, we were really excited to play this gig at West Oakland's Life Changing Ministries, which was a funky old Evangelical church that had been turned into a squat-like space, with music, art, craziness, etc. all occurring constantly. I don't know if they're still in operation, but I hope that they are. Great memories of watching people get sloshed on mimosas, jamming the Noise, and just having a wonderful late morning/early afternoon in Weird Oakland circa 2014 here. Thanks, Ann and Carlos, you both are wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment