Friday, November 22, 2013

Mountain vs. Building-Luggage Store, SF; 11/21/13

Last night Mountain vs. Building set up our expanded, two drum set edition within the airy confines of SF's venerable Luggage Store.
I have to say that I was really stoked to be playing the composition "Spirals: Dumb as a Box of Rocks" last night. It went OK, but perhaps a bit shortened. Maybe due to nerves? Things seemed to start off well, but the energy kind of flagged towards the end. Ah, well. I had fun trying. I really liked the kit that I cobbled together: kick/snare/hat/ride/rack tom/gong/bongos. Simple, stripped down, and perfect.
We only played for a scant thirty minutes at best, a fact which seemed to irk a few folks who came out to support. Sorry folks! Hopefully next time we'll jam out a bit longer.

Above: Mountain vs. Building and Erors set up
Below: my rig from last night, a very enjoyable kit to play!

Many thanks to Outsound for giving Mountain vs. Building a venue in which to play. We appreciate you guys immensely.

Below: live shots by Eugene Koontz. Thanks, Eugene!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment