Friday, May 24, 2019

Crow Crash Radio-Luna's Cafe, Sacramento CA; 5/20/19

As is usually the case, it was after a leisurely drive along I-80 East that I found myself in Sacramento a bit early for a Nebraska Mondays gig at Luna's Cafe. I'm still a bit vexed at the California capitol city's weird parking regulations, but oh well, not much I can do about that except for sit in my car for a while and look out for parking attendants.
Despite having been playing together for about eight years (seven with me), Crow Crash Radio's set in Sacramento marked the farthest afield that we've gone so far. I guess it's in keeping with the slow growth model that we seem to espouse. itlookslikeablackhole's drummer Todd graciously let me use his really nice drum kit for a back line. Some of the usual music lovers showed up, which was very gratifying. Crow Crash played about seven songs for what felt like a somewhat short set. Still, we managed to get our Psych on, stretching out for some extensions. We also played a few songs a bit more shortly and to the point, which was interesting. Things felt good to me, even though at one point it seemed as though I was playing a different drum beat than the song we were doing! All told, a fun, low key night of music at a favorite venue.

Below: Crow Crash Radio rockin' Luna's Cafe (photo by and courtesy of Russ Tucker, thanks, Russ!)


No comments:

Post a Comment