Sunday, May 3, 2020

Archive pic and more musings

Here is a photo of me singing with Barney Cauldron in the summer of 2010. Hard to believe it's been damn near ten years since this event occurred, at the LiPo Lounge in SF's Chinatown. I wonder how that establishment is doing, currently. What a fun, funky place!
That's Jason Batzer in the green shirt. Jason took his own life in 2013, after years of being misunderstood, mostly as a result of his terrible fight with bi-polar disorders. I miss Jason a lot. I also realize that he was truly a stranger in a strange land, and I suspect that his decision to end his life came as a great relief to him.
Barney Cauldron ended unceremoniously in late October of that year. Kind of a blessing, really, as that lead to me playing within the fertile and fascinating SF Bay Area improvised music scene for many years hence.
Lately, there have been brief glimmerings of hope within the music world, as musicians use their creativity to find ways of presenting their sounds. It's been fascinating to watch. Clearly, though, this issue remains undetermined and unsettled, as I suspect that it will for some time.
I will be announcing my first effort at this "new method" a bit later this week. Stay tuned......

No comments:

Post a Comment