Sunday, January 23, 2011

Failure Cock


I'd like to introduce one of the new bands I mentioned a few posts back.
Failure Cock consists of Scarp Home, who played in Barney Cauldron, on drums, horns, electronics, and vocals, and myself on drums, didgeridoo, electronics, and vocals.
Failure Cock is a classic Kim Fowley term. He used it to deride the various failed musicians he'd see all over L.A. I read the term, and fell in love with it. It reminded me of an interview I'd read some years back with Genesis P-Orridge, in which he described a Throbbing Gristle slogan: "We guarantee disappointment." I put those two thoughts together, and in light of last year's disappointments within my musical world, decided to "own" the term.
Failure Cock is developing our style, which we've named Drum 'n Cock.





No comments:

Post a Comment