Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Instagon #711-The Makeout Room, SF CA; 8/1/16

Tough gig for me! I had hoped to be able to redeem my last Monday Makeout gig with Instagon, which was also rough; in the interim, I've played Instagon sets that have felt really good and groovy, but damn if last night's set got away from me. I don't know if it's the sound of the Makeout Room or what, but it seems impossible for me to have a good set there. Frustrating, especially in light of the musicians that played with Lob last night: Karl Evangelista, Thomas Dimuzio, and Mason Jones. These are all great players, and I felt like I blew it on stage with them.
Damn.

Below: Lob tests new pedals out




Anyway, thanks to Lob for asking me to participate with Instagon. I always learn something, tough or easy. Also thanks to Anthony of Tri-Cornered Tent Show for letting me use his kit.



No comments:

Post a Comment