Monday, December 5, 2011

Cloud Shepherd with India Cooke, Berkeley Arts Fest 2011, 12/3/11, Berkeley Arts Store Front

Cloud Shepherd had the  honor of playing with world renowned violin maestro India Cooke, aka L'il Nimbus (her Cloud Shepherd moniker)  for a show in the Berkeley Arts 2011 Fest. To a man, we were stoked.
Thankfully, we had a pretty good size audience to play for, and performed two sets, both of which were made up of two distinct improvisations.
Above: me, setting up the Cloud Kit
Below: India wails, Andrew buzzes, I try to keep up
The night's music felt very rhythm-oriented to me; India's presence definitely had that effect on my playing. I spent a lot of time on the drum portion of the Cloud Kit, and even took a solo at one point. Hopefully it was fun to hear. I know we had fun!
Above: L'il Nimbus in full flight!
Below: L'il Nimbus and Baby Bro, preparing for launch! 


No comments:

Post a Comment