Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Contacting Improvisation

About once every decade, I decide that working with a dance troupe might be a good idea. In the 1990's, I helped a San Jose-based troupe with a production. In the 2000's, I did a few performances with Decoy Gallerina (documented with Youtube clips on this blog). For the 2010's, I will be playing along side Brian Lucas, making a soundtrack for a Contact Improvisation piece. Dancers Susan Cersosimo and Sasha Girshon, along with poet Alan Ramon Clinton will be featured in the piece. I have been watching a lot of Contact Improvisation videos online. It's a pretty fascinating activity, often reminding me of Expressionist sculpture and martial arts such as Capoeira. Susan has laid down some pretty specific guidelines for our parameters during the event. Should be challenging!


Shotwell Studios
Fri., 5/11/12
8PM
3252 A Shotwell St., SF
$10-15 sliding scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment