Thursday, September 15, 2016

Two gigs this weekend!

After a somewhat slow late summer for me musically, I'm happy to say that this weekend will be really busy.

First up, Vinny Golia 70+ Large Ensemble will be playing. I was invited to play drums, and decided to play stand-up percussion, much in the same way that I did in Rent Romus's Large Life's Blood Ensemble for the Otherworld performances of 2014-15. I suspect that this one's going to be pretty great!
Details here:
Sat., 9/17/16
Finnish Kaleva Hall
1970 Chestnut St.
Berkeley CA 94702
8-10 PM
$15

Second, Surplus 1980 will be playing at Oakland Secret on Sunday night. We're we're really excited to be playing with two great bands: Reconnaissance Fly and Mark Clifford's Dirty Snacks Ensemble. This one will rock.
Details:
Sun., 9/18/16
Oakland.Secret
577 5th St.
Oakland CA 94607
8PM
$5-10

I know that there will be plenty of fun had at both of these gigs. Stoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment