Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Crow Crash Radio-Red Museum, Sacramento CA; 9/15/19

I never really thought that Crow Crash Radio would play a Noise Music show, but last Sunday we found ourselves doing just that at Sacramento's lovely Red Museum, located just at the edge of the ever-hoppin' downtown, for the Audio Waffle Series.
Accordingly, we planned out a much less song-oriented set, deciding instead to get into some more free form improvisation. This plan seemed to have worked out nicely. Brian, Andrew and I got into some pretty abstract jamming for I don't know how long. Time really stopped for me as we played. We hit maybe four or five different zones, and each one felt as though the guitar (with loops), theremin, and drums were able to link up in a cool,  loose way. The only problem for me was some forward creep of the somewhat odd back line drum set that I was using. Thankfully, I was able to adjust accordingly within the jam. One audience member said the we reminded him of Ummagumma era Pink Floyd. I'll take that as a compliment, for sure.
A fun, albeit somewhat frustrating in that we didn't get to play too long. I think that Crow Crash Radio will surely begin incorporating some of the vibes at Red Museum within our longer sets, though.

Below: odd back line kit; very cool arty photo of Crow Crash Radio by and courtesy of Timothy O'Sullivan, thanks, Timothy!
Many thanks to Lob for booking us at Audio Waffle.


No comments:

Post a Comment