Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ovipositor recording session


Today we recorded at New, Improved Studios, with Eli Wise engineering.  Things went really well.  I think we managed to get an entire recording's worth of usable drum tracks, at minimum.  Hooray for preparation!
One thing that strikes me about the recording process is just how important it is to have a great engineer.  Eli is a masterful one, thankfully.  He knows his mics, mixer, and outboard gear very well.
As for Ovipositor, I feel like we were pretty much a model of objective efficiency.  Whenever we record, I wonder what it's like to have more time to commit to the process, but that's just not the case for me.  Oh, well.  It can be fun to see how smart and efficient one can be, too.
Next, we listen and prepare to mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment